I work with organisations in the live events sector and beyond to transform environmental vision & strategy, improve performance, and design communications. I support clients to be quickly self-sufficient and confident through step changes in understanding and putting in place practical actions that lead to measurable and lasting results. Take advantage of 20 years of varied and exceptional experience and make changes quickly, successfully an cost-effectively.
Whether you are starting from scratch to develop a new vision or strategy for your business or ahead of the pack, need to troubleshoot specific issues, looking to review current practices, identify training needs or put practical action plans in place in areas such as travel energy or waste, I can work with you to deliver your aims feeling confident and inspired.
Summary of services
- Sustainability strategy and action plans
- Performance assessment and review
- Trouble shooting
- Campaign/initiative design and sustainable communications advice
- Team workshop design and delivery
- Stakeholder evaluation and engagement
- Conferences – idea generation, speaking and hosting
- Business start-up & product development – environmental strategy, brand positioning, product development and market engagement.
- Vision and purpose identification
Introductory Special Offer: One-to-One Inspiration Session
In acknowledgement of the unprecedented challenges events industry businesses are facing this season, this package offers a very cost-effective opportunity for company owners, leaders and managers to make this time count by reviewing their current sustainability policy, strategy or vision.
What You will gain
Whether new or experienced in sustainability, review where you’re at with environmental sustainability – practices, positioning, strategy, vision – with a leading industry expert as a sounding board and advisor. Gain clarity and confidence to make potentially significant next steps.
A structured and tailored conversation in a ‘transformational coaching’ format exploring an identified question or topic.
- Orientation call to identify ‘question’.
- Video or phone call session (45 minutes)
- Follow up/reflection notes
Investment – £49*
*This offer is available only for new clients
Explore a topic as an individual or team, whether a completely new plan or idea, or troubleshooting specific topics to move things forward.
- Initial phone consultation
- One hour video call
- Follow-up notes, links and guidance
Live Events Action Plan – LEAP
Realise your specific aims effectively with an ambitious and practical action plan at the heart of your event planning.
- Initial consultation by phone
- Event Scan – review of current practices across impact areas and policy/planning in place
- Team workshop (up to 10 participants)
- Draft Action Plan, recommendations and policy input
- Follow-up phone call
Investment: £795 + travel
Environmental Leadership Program
This package supports organisations to put environmental sustainability and leadership at the heart of their strategy. The senior team is taken through a process to evaluate current performance, consider and define ambitions and put strategies in place.
- Initial consultation meeting
- Review of current practices across impact areas and policy/planning in place
- Bespoke workshop design
- Senior team workshop (up to 5 participants)
- Draft strategy and associated suite of policies ad planning document
- Follow-up video call
- Email support for 3 months*
Investment: £1975 + travel and accommodation if required.
Get in touch to make an enquiry about packages or to discuss your specific requirements using the contact form.
I speak about all aspects of environmental sustainability in live events, bringing a wealth of first-hand experience and stories. I enjoy curating and hosting conference panels, leading small-group sessions and workshops, and delivering lectures to students. Please note that I can rarely accommodate requests to speak without fees. Please use the contact page to enquire.
Travel Policy: I only consider taking flights in exceptional circumstances, such as opportunities to inspire significant change at scale through a combination of talk(s), workshops and business or sector-change consultancy.
Previous speaking engagements include:
- ADE Green – Amsterdam Dance Event (Amsterdam)
- GO Group Europe workshop (Bonne, Berlin)
- Association Festival Organisers Conference (London)
- By:Larm Conference (Oslo)
- RAW:Talks, Royal Geographic Society (London)
- Festival Congress – Association Independent Festivals (UK)
- Association Event Organisers (AEO) Conference (London)
- Cultural Management and Sustainability Conference – (Barcelona)
- Green Culture Forum (Montenegro)
- Bristol European Green Capital Legacy Conference (UK)
- Music Declares Emergency Launch event (UK)
- Future Planet Talks series (UK)
- International Live Music Conference – ILMC (UK)
Walthomstow Garden Party (Barbican Events Program)
Mission: Review and provide advise on all planning and documentation in place for this award winning sustainable event; Sustainable Action Plan, tender documents for food and bars concessions, Food Trader Policy, Food Concession Guidelines, Waste Management Plan.
Chris provided us with loads of helpful information, resources and specialist advice. Chris also supported us to draft policy documents all of which will be invaluable to our festival’s journey towards being more environmentally sustainable . Thank you!Lara deffense, Local Programme & Partnership Manager Barbican
Enviral – Sustainable Marketing Agency
Mission: Provide mentorship to company founder-director to review brand positioning and ethics, and engage team in developing a sustainability strategy.
Chris really helped us reimagine our ‘north star’. As someone with sustainability knowledge and who knows business, he gave us a refreshing opportunity to step back and simplify our purpose.Joss Ford, founder
Bristol 2015 – European Green Capital
Mission: Develop a pioneering evidenced-based strategy for Bristol’s event sector as part of Bristol European Green Capital 2015. Deliverables included a suite of guides, training more than 300 event organisers, supply chain assessment and modelling and presenting results at national legacy event.
Chris’s sector knowledge was integral to the development and delivery of Bristol 2015’s event industry strategy and resources.Ben Harvey, Bristol 2015 Ltd
RAW Bottles – Reusable bottle retailer and campaign organisation
Mission: Create and launch an exciting ethical brand
“Chris helped organise and run our Sustainable Events Briefing via telepresence for BBC Events teams based in London, Bristol and Glasgow. The briefing was delivered in a professional, informative and inspiring way and was useful in raising awareness amongst BBC colleagues”Nick Leslie, BBC Sustainability Team
As Marketing Director for the ‘start-up’ phase of Raw Bottles – the trading arm of Raw Foundation – Chris was instrumental in the set-up, brand development and marketing strategy. His project management skills and knowledge base on environmental sustainability, communications and business has set the company on a solid footing from the outset.Melinda Watson, CEO – RAW Foundation and Director RAW Bottles